Accessing SecurDisc Discs with InCD
Access to a SecurDisc disc can be protected with access passwords and/or digital signatures. The windows for entering a password and/or a digital signature are displayed according to the properties of the detected SecurDisc disc. You can enter these conveniently here, after which you can immediately access all data on the SecurDisc disc using Windows Explorer.
Automatic SecurDisc disc detection
The Always show a notification when a SecurDisc disc is inserted check box is selected by default in the SecurDisc - Options window; this means SecurDisc™ automatically sends a notification when a SecurDisc disc is detected in a drive. This way, access takes place almost automatically.
The following requirements have to be fulfilled:
You require InCD or InCD Reader.
If, during the creation process the special SecurDisc duplication process has been set up so that it can be removed again with a password, then you will need a SecurDisc capable drive (for example from HLDS/LG).
Proceed as follows to access a SecurDisc™ DVD with copy protected PDF files:
1. Insert the SecurDisc disc in your computer's SecurDisc capable drive.
2. Double click the SecurDisc icon .
The SecurDisc Drive and disc features window is displayed.
3. In the Drive drop-down menu, select the drive in which you inserted the SecurDisc disc.
The name of the inserted disc in the selected drive is displayed in the Disc name field. Also displayed in the Capabilities area are the properties of the selected drive and the disc it contains.
4. If data on the SecurDisc disc is password protected:
1. Click the Enter password button.
The SecurDisc Data Protection window is displayed
2. Enter the required password in the Password text box or insert it using the Copy from clipboard button.
3. Click the OK button.
You are returned to the SecurDisc - Drive and disc features window.
5. When the SecurDisc disc is protected by a digital signature:
1. Click the Confirm digital signature button.
The SecurDisc- Verify Digital Signature window is displayed.
2. Click the Select public key button.
The Open window is displayed.
3. Select the appropriate public key and click the Open button.
The Verify Digital Signature window is displayed once more; the name of the selected public key is displayed under Key name.
4. Click the Start button.
The digital signature is checked using the selected public key. A progress bar keeps you informed of the processing status. The Close button is displayed once verification is complete.
5. Click the Close button.
The files are ready for your access. You are returned to the SecurDisc - Drive and disc features window.
6. To check if the data was manipulated, click the Data Integrity Check button.
The SecurDisc Data Integrity Check window is displayed. Checksums are used to determine whether data manipulation has taken place. A progress bar and a growing list of the examined files inform you of the progress of the verification process. The Close button is displayed once verification has completed successfully.
7. When PDF files on the SecurDisc DVD have a removable duplication protection:
1. Click the Allow Duplication button.
The Allow Duplication window is displayed.
2. Enter the required password in the appropriate input area or insert it using the Copy from clipboard button.
3. Click the OK button.
Duplication protection is removed
The SecurDisc - Drive and disc features window is available again. You can now open the SecurDisc disc using, for example, Windows Explorer.